Website City of Johannesburg
City of Johannesburg
City of Johannesburg invites applicants to apply for Finance Internship Programme 2022 / 2023 in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is a metropolitan municipality that manages the local governance of Johannesburg, South Africa. It is divided into several branches and departments in order to expedite services for the city. Johannesburg is a divided city: the poor mostly live in the southern suburbs or on the peripheries of the far north, and the middle class live largely in the suburbs of the central and north. Around 20% of the city lives in abject poverty in informal settlements that lack proper roads, electricity, or any other kind of direct municipal service. Another 40% live in inadequate housing with insufficient municipal housing.
STUDENT INTERNSHIP POSITION: TRANSPORT
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
• This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community
for a period not exceeding 18 months
• Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified
Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
- Matric / Grade 12 plus a B-Degree in Finance or equivalent qualification registered at SAQA 7;
- Computer literacy – MS Office Applications;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Organising skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.joburg.org.za.