Website City of Cape Town
City of Cape Town is South Africa’s oldest city, its second-most populous and the legislative capital. It is made up of a diverse population, a rich history, world famous tourist attractions and an exciting calendar of international and local events.
City of Cape Town Finance Internships 2021/2022. The City of Cape Town invites applicants to apply for Internships Finance Graduate Development Program (FGDP) in Cape Town.
Cape Town, or the Mother City, is South Africa’s oldest city, its second-most populous and the legislative capital. It is made up of a diverse population, a rich history, world famous tourist attractions and an exciting calendar of international and local events. The City provides all the services normally associated with a full-service municipality, such as water, electricity, waste removal, sanitation, new infrastructure, roads, public spaces, facilities, housing developments, the upgrade of informal settlements and existing infrastructure, clinics and more.
The Finance Graduate Development Program (FGDP) is a structured Professional Training and Work Experience Program intended to provide training and exposure to aspiring Local Government Accountants. It further pursues prospective membership as Associate of the Chartered Institute of Government Finance Audit and Risk Officers (CIGFARO) and training is offered in line with the MFMA Minimum Competency Regulations.
- Only applicants that are in possession of a Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent degree with Financial Accounting 3 are invited to apply.
- Applicants will be subjected to compulsory pre-screening in the form of qualifications, references and compulsory competency assessment where necessary
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications, including foreign qualifications and those RPL’d for, evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) prior to the selection process.
- Applicants must be prepared to register as a Senior Associate member of CIGFARO trading as IMFO.
- Applicants will rotate and be trained via the graduate programme and on successful completion of the programme will be advanced to commensurate levels in the City structure.
To apply for this job please visit careers.capetown.gov.za.