Website Cape Town Opera
Africa’s premier opera company, Cape Town Opera (CTO) provides a stage that allows local talent to launch international careers and attracts international talent to South Africa.
Cape Town Opera invites applicants to apply for Marketing Assistant Internship Programme 2022 in Cape Town, Western Cape.
Africa’s premier opera company, Cape Town Opera (CTO) provides a stage that allows local talent to launch international careers and attracts international talent to South Africa. As South Africa’s largest permanent non-profit performing arts organization, CTO provides permanent employment to 35 young singers and 32 opera practitioners, instructors and administrators. In addition, annually the company issues an average of 150 ad hoc contracts to artists ranging from choreographers, musicians, directors, conductors, designers and technicians.
Applicants should have excellent organisation and planning skills. They should also be able to work well under pressure and pay great attention to detail. The applicant should also have an interest in Opera and Theatre.
The Marketing intern is required to demonstrate:
- Dynamic young person to be a part of the Marketing team.
- Excellent Planning Skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and sticks to tight deadlines.
Key Performance Areas, Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all marketing department and administrative functions.
- Assist with design and execute company messages/communication on various media platforms.
- Facilitate the distribution of messages through various owned, earned and paid media.
- Work within the company Brand Guidelines.
- Help manage all aspects of the company Social Media Accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube where content will include press-release, promotions of upcoming shows and interesting/latest news about company and productions.
- Construct newsletter in line with company brand and distribute via Mailchimp to subscribers on bi-weekly basis, announcements and latest/interesting news.
- Assist with ticket sales.
- Report directly to the Marketing Manager.
The position is a one year contract commencing 01 July 2022 and is based at the Cape Town Opera offices at the Artscape building in Cape Town.
How to apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV and two contactable recent references to: Gerald Petersen [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit capetownopera.co.za .