Website Afrika Tikkun
Afrika Tikkun is an international nonprofit organisation that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.The
Afrika Tikkun Project Manager Vacancy. Afrika Tikkun is an international nonprofit organisation that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.The Afrika Tikkun 18-21 year old programme is a six month programme aimed at assisting candidates in this age group with the transition from school to adult life, as well as the career and life choices they need to make at this age.
Afrika Tikkun seeks to appoint a Project Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
Report to: HOD: Research Development & Strategy
The purpose of the job is to work closely with the RDS HOD to work on (1) the Maponya Mall Hub project in Soweto, (2) the Mentorship programme and (3) other projects decided on in conjunction with the RDS HOD. To ensure that all projects are delivered on time, and produce the desired results. Ensure the projects are within budget and project plans are drafted in collaboration with stakeholders.
Ensure implementation of agreed upon projects (Maponya Mall Hub and Mentorship Programme), and priority-based projects for the NPC including:
- Developing project plans in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ensuring high quality and timely delivery of projects
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Ensuring projects are within budget
- Understanding project status with a view to identify risks or problem areas and resolve
- Ensuring ongoing reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Working with PMEL to implement evaluations and conduct mid-year formative evaluations
- Coordinating and checking the documentation for the mentorship project and following up with stakeholders regularly
Management of stakeholders, including:
- Ensuring engagement with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth roll-out of projects
- Liasing with stakeholders to ensure that all regulatory and compliance documentation is accurately, professionally and timeously submitted
Conducting site visits for Maponya Mall Hub project, including:
- Ensuring regular site visits to ensure all stakeholders are on board and happy with project implementation
- Addressing issues on site if/when they arise
Team management, including:
- Managing team members to ensure the smooth delivery of projects
- Managing the administrator to ensure admin standards are adhered to if/ when necessary
- Ensuring the development of team members
- Post-graduate qualification in business, education, social science or equivalent
- Project management qualification an advantage
- At least three years of experience in managing projects in the education or social science spaces
- Experience in working for a non-profit organization an advantage
- Three years’ experience in managing and/or implementing research project
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Organising and planning skills
- Decision Making
- Creative and innovative
- Experience with relevant software application
- Good communication and interpersonal skills –Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- An ability to communicate at all levels & handle stakeholder relationships (verbal, written, facilitation).
- Management skills – team-leadership
- Report writing
Behavioural Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- A passion for community development and the vision of Afrika Tikkun
- Competent, reliable, self-motivated, honest, honest, hardworking and highly creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability: ability to clearly convey information and ideas; ensuring understanding. Comprehending communication from others
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Team player – ability to work with various stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are met
- Assertive, diplomatic personality
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Attention to detail – Ensuring that work is accurate and completed with care. Must have an eye for detail and be creative to capture attention
- Must have a basic understand of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Takes initiative – Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
- Flexible – Must be able to adapt to changes within the organisation and be willing to work outside of set duties in order to move forward as a team
- Creative – Ability to think outside of the norm and construct innovative solutions and processes to achieve the required objectives
- Self-Motivated – Must have the ability to prioritise workload and continue without instruction
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to email their CV to Simphiwe Nzima at [email protected] or alternatively fax application details to 086 668 0542.
For more about Afrika Tikkun, refer to www.afrikatikkun.org
To apply for this job please visit afrikatikkun.org.