Website Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI)
Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) invites Suitable Applicants to apply for IT Internship Programme 2022 in Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is an independent, transdisciplinary scientific research institute based across two campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) in South Africa. AHRI’s research combines population, basic, social, and medical sciences to understand and intervene in the health and well-being of South African communities. AHRI works in partnership with local communities and South African academic, governmental and other policy stakeholders. We emphasise training of the next generation of African scientists. AHRI collaborates with over 60 institutions globally.
This is an opportunity for a recent graduate to gain work experience in a fast-paced research environment. The Research Assistant Intern will provide IT support to the Sesikhona project, particularly the end users of the Sesikhona app.
- Provide end user IT support to Sesikhona participants
- Monitor if study devices are uploading data continually
- Troubleshoot and problem solve study devices that are not uploading study data
- Call or visit participants whose study devices are not reporting to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Set up new mobile devices for enrolment and fill out appropriate inventory sheets in a timely manner
- Carry out stress testing, performance and functional testing of the study app prototypes
- Provide feedback to software development project team and study project team
- A degree or Diploma in: Information Technology or related field.
NB. This position will work closely with the Project manager and app developers.
NB. Must have a valid South African Code 08 Drivers’ Licence
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
To apply for this job please visit ahri.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.