Website Tiger Brands
Tiger Brands Limited, a Top 40 JSE Limited company whose footprint extends across the African continent and beyond, is one of the largest manufacturers and marketers of FMCG products in Southern Africa, and has been for several decades.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
You are focussed on ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the GL by processing monthly journals, preparing reconciliations, cost analysis, inventory reporting and fixed asset register maintenance. You will assist internal- and external auditors with information/feedback requested and ensure consistent application of internal controls. You will also support the Management Accountant with month end and other reports.
What You Will Do
- Serves as a link between the source documents and the ledger accounts. Creation of ledger transactions for future analysis.
- Provides the basis for allocating expenditure to various cost centres and general accounts – Reconciliation reports.
- Spreadsheets that offer a variety of statistical and business analysis tools for “what if” analysis.
- Information that can be relied upon for making financial and administrative decisions.
- Periodic trial balances to ensure that the system is in balance and suitable period end reports to ensure that financial statements reflect the fair presentation of financial results and position.
- Financial Reports to Management, Debtors, The State and other regulatory institutions.
- Financial statements according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Documentation that records information and payment of the related institutions.
- Budget Report and year-end Financial Reports.
- Related duties assigned
Key attributes and competencies
- Newly Qualified CA with no experience/ B- Comm Accounting degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Business analytical skills
- Strong Finance business background
- Be able to make sound, independent judgements within established policies and procedures.
- Advances knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets and word processing required.
- Newly Qualified CA with no experience/ 2-3 Years relevant accounting and administrative experience in a FMCG environment.