Sibanye-Stillwater is the largest individual producer of gold from South Africa and is one of 10 largest gold producers globally. Sibanye-Stillwater is also the third largest producer of palladium and platinum.
16 x Mining Engineering Learnership Programme 2021 at Sibanye-Stillwater. Sibanye-Stillwater invites unemployed youth to apply for Mining Engineering Learnership Programme 2021.
A limited number of positions are being offered to local community and labour sending areas for a full time study and Learnership opportunity in line with the Sibanye-Stillwater’s business needs in the following discipline:
Mining Engineering x 16
Beneficiaries of the Leaner Official A-Stream Career opportunity will receive a bursary and practical exposure (Learnership) on a full employment package with company benefits aligned with Sibanye-Stillwater Learner Official Scheme. All tuition fees and books will be provided for by Sibanye-Stillwater.
The appointee should:
- Have a grade 12 Certificate with minimum English 5(60%+), Mathematics 5 (60%+), and Physical Science 5 (60%+)
- Possess University Acceptance with an APS of 23 (Mid-year results will be provisionally considered if currently still studying)
- Not currently be busy or have completed prior University studies
- Reside in Kloof Labour sending Area or local community
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- The selection process will not be delayed to accommodate applicants whose screening process is delayed for whatever reason
- Distinctions in Mathematics and Physical Science
How to apply
- Applicants will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment
- Prospective candidates will be required to complete workplace orientation and underground exposure visits as part of the selection process
- Applicants must upload proof of residence, CV and certified (SAPS) copies of ID and qualifications online
- Final allocation is dependent on applicants obtaining an acceptance letter from the University of Johannesburg
- All applicants will be subject to clearance screening by South African Police Services as required by the National Explosives Act
To apply for this job please visit www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com.